P2459 - Diesel particulate filter, regeneration procedure. Regeneration cycles are too frequent.
Fault code recorded in the engine control unit.
NOTE: This informative bulletin only affects those vehicles equipped with a specific type of engine.
The full time to do the regenerations of the particulate filter (FAP) has not been respected.
- Read the fault codes recorded in the engine control unit using the diagnostic tool.
- Confirm that the fault code is the same as the one that appears in the field symptoms of this bulletin.
- Find a 6-way connector out of the fuse and relay box in the engine compartment (See image 1).
- Connect pin 1 to ground, starting from the top right side of the 6-way connector.
- Turn the key to the start position.
- Step on the throttle pedal 10 times.
- Turn the key to the OFF position and disconnect the ground from pin 1 in the 6-way connector and the fault code disappears.
- Carry out a second fault code reading of the engine control unit (ECU) using the diagnostic tool and confirm that the fault code that appears in the field symptoms is NOT recorded.
NOTE:It is not necessary to replace any component in order to solve this incidence.
See image 1:
A - Fuse and relay box in the engine compartment.
B - Pin 1 of the 6-way connector of the fuse and relay box in the engine compartment.
See image 2:
A - Location of the engine compartment fuse and relay box.