P1040 - Injector supply (A) electrical failure in the electrical circuit.
P2146 - Power supply injector(s) A. Interruption.
P2147 - Fuel injector (A) supply voltage. Short circuit to ground.
Fault codes recorded in the engine control unit.
The vehicle displays one or several of the above-mentioned fault codes.
Engine does not start.
The following symptom is observed in the workshop:
- When checking the condition and operation of the engine control unit we detect that there is no communication.
NOTE: This informative bulletin only affects those vehicles that are within a specific manufacturing date.
- Defect in the injectors.
- Defect in the engine control unit.
- Read the fault codes recorded in the engine control unit (ECU) using the diagnostic tool.
- Confirm that the fault codes are the same as the ones that appear in the field symptoms of this bulletin.
- Remove the cylinder head cover and disconnect all pumps injectors.
- Check the electrical resistance of the pump injectors and the isolation to ground.
- Connect 3 injectors and start the engine, in case that the above-mentioned tests have been performed satisfactorily.
- Connect the injector and disconnect another one, and so on until the engine starts, if the engine does not start in the previous step.
- If when performing the previous test the engine starts:
- Replace the pump injector that is disconnected.
- Clear the fault codes recorded in the engine control unit (ECU) using the diagnostic tool.
- Carry out a second fault code reading of the engine control unit (ECU) using the diagnostic tool and confirm that the fault codes that appear in the field symptoms are NOT recorded.
- If the engine still does not start:
- Check the manufacturing date of the engine control unit.
- Replace the engine control unit if the manufacturing date is before 01/04/2008.
See image 1:
A - Pump injectors.