B2179 - Wiper select switch A-Short circuit to ground.
P0579 - Cruise control-Multifunctional signal A very high.
U2030 - Rain sensor data line-Break in the line/poor communication.
Fault codes recorded in the comfort control unit/central module.
The turn signal lights light up by themselves intermittently.
In order to turn off the turn signal lights, you must activate the full-beam lights.
The full-beam lights remain continuously activated, which causes the battery discharge.
The following symptoms are observed in the workshop:
- Discharged battery.
Defect between the connector contacts and the fuse box pins and the cabin relays caused by moisture.
- Read the fault codes recorded in the comfort control unit using the diagnostic tool.
- Confirm that the fault codes are the same as the ones that appear in the field symptoms of this bulletin.
- Confirm that the fault codes that appear in the field symptom of this bulletin are displayed.
- Disconnect the fuse box connector and the cabin relays and check if there is moisture, oxides or sulphates in the connector contacts as well as inside the contacts of the fuse box pins and relays.
- Clean the contacts with specific products.
- Perform operating tests.
- Clear the fault codes recorded in the comfort control unit using the diagnostic tool.
NOTE: If the fault codes that are displayed in the diagnosis are different from the ones that appear in the field symptoms of this bulletin they should be dealt with individually.
See image 1:
A - Cabin fuse and relay box